Introduction


Hey everyone! My name is Drew.
dalogsdon@gmail.com

Originally from Midland, TX, I am a first year MS student in computer science here at Texas A&M. I am taking this class because I am interested in computer-human interaction. I have seen many people's research in the undergrad CHI class, and most of it is really interesting to me. I think this sight and touch class will give me another glimpse of current research and give me a great opportunity to get more hands-on experience and do more research in this area.

In ten years, I expect to be working full time somewhere on earth. I would also like to become a somewhat known artist on the side. That's about as specific as I can get, because I am like Josh Peschel, opportunities just seem to come to me with little input from myself.

I can't decide what I think the next big technological advancement in computer science will be, though I really hope we can get some better desktop interfaces. I want something new to come along and revolutionize computer interfaces in the way windows and GUIs revolutionized computing. Perhaps mind control or something... I think we can expect something from Apple pretty soon though, seeing what the iPods and iPhones have done for technology and CHI.

I find multi-touch very interesting, as it can not only allow for a more natural, intuitive computing experience, but it can also allow collaborative computing on one computer with one large display. The Microsoft Surface computer and James Bond movies have illustrated this, and I think it can be a valuable tool for both business and recreation.

I don't care who I have lunch with, as long as he or she pays.

I think I will say my favorite movie is The Waterboy. I grew up in Louisiana, and I feel that this is one of the few movies that my whole family can sit down and enjoy when I visit home. I also find it consistently entertaining.

I think people would like to know that I am an artist in addition to a computer scientist. I enjoy the traditional arts, mainly drawing and painting. I don't like doing digital art, perhaps because I feel like my creativity and talents are inhibited by drawing hardware and software. Maybe I can do something in the area of computer-human interaction to help give digital artists a more creative experience.

0 comments of glory:

Post a Comment